Man Sues Sheridan Wal-Mart In Wife’s Death
SHERIDAN, Wyo. (AP) — A man who says his wife died after she ate a contaminated cantaloupe purchased at a Sheridan Wal-Mart is suing the retailer. The Sheridan Press reports Frederick M. Lollar filed the wrongful death lawsuit in Laramie County's 1st Judicial District Court.
The Food and Drug Administration later identified the lot the Colorado cantaloupe came from to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Lollar's lawsuit says Wal-Mart removed the cantaloupes, but didn't post public notice regarding potential customer exposure.