‘Pizza Leias’ — Just in Time for the New ‘Star Wars’ Trailer
Watching the new "Star Wars" preview over and over again and wish you had something to snack on? Why not make some "Pizza Leias?" Here's how to make them.
- Preheat the oven to as hot as it will go. Broil works fine.
- Take pizza dough and roll it as flat as possible.
- Layer pizza sauce lightly.
- Layer your toppings. I used Canadian bacon and cheese.
- Roll up the pizza like sushi or a jelly roll, tucking it in as you go along.
- Once it's all rolled up, slice into half-inch segments and place on a cookie sheet.
- Pop in the super-hot oven for about 8 minutes.
If you're still curious about the name, the pizza spirals resemble Princess Leia's hair. Enjoy, and may the dinner course be with you.
Metal Jesus Rocks provided the original idea for Pizza Leias. See how he made them. The ones on this video turned out far better than mine, but I still had fun and these were very tasty.