Casper firefighters quickly put out a small exterior fire on the back of a singe-family house in east Casper on Tuesday afternoon, a Casper-EMS Department spokesman said.

It caused extensive damage to the siding and in the garage in the 300 block of Wind River Avenue, but did not spread to the living area of the house, Jason Parks said.

The family will be able to stay there, Parks said.

Casper Fire-EMS received the call at 3:42 p.m., and crews extinguished it in about five minutes after arriving, Parks said.

No one was at home at the time, there were no injuries and a firefighter rescued a dog that was inside, he said.

The fire appears to be accidental and probably started in a garbage can, but it will remain under investigation, Parks said.

Tom Morton, Townsquare Media
Tom Morton, Townsquare Media

Battalion Chief Jerod Levin said Casper Fire-EMS responded with 16 firefighters in four engines, one ladder truck, and his vehicle. The Casper Police Department and the Wyoming Medical Center were assisting agencies, he added.



More From 107.9 Jack FM