Casper Traffic Watch: Worst Intersections For Crashes
Casper Police have identified the worst intersections in the city for crashes. According to Detective John Hatcher, they used a combination of WYDOT Crash Data and Casper Police Department crash records to come up with Casper's top ten crash intersections (listed in no particular order):
- East 2nd Street & Southeast Wyoming Boulevard
- East 2nd Street & S. Beverly Street
- CY Avenue & Southwest Wyoming Boulevard
- West 1st Street & South Poplar Street
- East 2nd Street & South McKinley Street
- CY Avenue & South Poplar Street
- East 2nd Street and Forest Drive
- West 13th Street and Southwest Wyoming Boulevard
- East 2nd Street & South Center Street
- Southeast Wyoming Boulevard & Legion Lane
CPD says each week Officers will be patrolling certain intersections and the surrounding areas and enforcing traffic laws to help decrease crashes. They'll be posting the intersections each week on their Facebook page, and we'll also share them with you here.
For the week of March 5th, they'll be concentrating traffic enforcement at the intersection of East 2nd Street and South Beverly Street.
From Casper Police:
"CPD knows that when vehicle crashes go down, so does automobile insurance and health insurance costs. Make sure to be mindful of the traffic laws, as you travel through our great city!"