Five Nights Ric Flair Brought the ‘Wooooo’ To Wyoming
'The Nature Boy' Ric Flair is one of the most legendary professional wrestlers of all time. The former 16 time world champion competed in nearly 6,000 matches during his illustrious career.
Here's a look back at five nights where the limousine riding, jet plane flying, wheeling, dealing, kiss stealing, son of a gun was stylin' and profilin' here in the great state of Wyoming. Woooooo!!!
1. March 1, 1974 at Storey Gymnasium in Cheyenne - Early in his career, Flair came to the Capitol City with the American Wrestling Association. That night, he took on another newcomer named Bob Remus, who would later gain fame as Sgt. Slaughter.
2. August 12, 1996 at Casper Events Center - The dirtiest player in the game successfully defended his WCW United States Heavyweight Title against the Macho Man Randy Savage, with the help of outside interference from Savage's ex-wife Miss Elizabeth.
3. September 14, 2002 at Casper Events Center - Flair returned to Casper six years later, this time for a WWE Raw house show. Unfortunately, the Nature Boy took a beating that night, losing a "street fight match" versus Chris Jericho.
4. September 15, 2002 at the Auditorium Arena in Laramie - Seeking revenge for his defeat the previous night in Casper, Flair challenged Jericho to a rematch at the University of Wyoming. It proved to be a mistake, as Jericho came out on top for the second straight evening.
5. November 1, 2015 at Casper Events Center - Although Flair wasn't in the squared circle, there were plenty of 'wooos' in Casper last fall when his daughter Charlotte joined Becky Lynch to defeat Team B.A.D. in a Divas tag team match.