Holiday Square Kicks Off Season In Casper November 19th
When the trees in Casper's Conwell Park glimmer with thousands of lights, you know Christmastime is right around the corner. The annual Holiday Square Celebration kicks off the festivities on Sunday, November 19th, hosted by the City of Casper, the Angels Cancer Care Program, and the Wyoming Medical Center Foundation.
The family-friendly event starts at 4:00 p.m. with the annual Reindeer Relay, with the lighting ceremony will take place at approximately 5:00 p.m. An outdoor patio on Conwell Street will feature with food vendors and free hot cocoa and cookies while supplies last.
Beth Andress with the City of Casper says the lighted park will be animated with music, and this year there will also be a large screen for a countdown clock, announcements, and graphics during the light show.
Conwell Street from First to Second Street and First Street from Washington to Wilson Street will be closed for the event. Parking will be available at the Wyoming Medical Center and the surrounding area.
Holiday Square Celebration Event Schedule:
2:30-3:45p.m. - Registration for Reindeer Relay in the Conwell Building (2nd & Conwell)
4:00 p.m.- Reindeer Relay begins, food vendors open
5:00 p.m.- Approximate time of Lighting Ceremony, followed by free visits to Santa & Mrs. Claus who will be joined by their special helpers, Miss Wyoming Teen USA, Mackenzie Kern and Miss Wyoming USA, Callie Bishop. There will also be free visits with the Ice Princess, Snow Queen and Belle from "Dream Upon a Princess".
5:30 p.m.- Light Show starts
7:00 p.m.- Ice Princess, Snow Queen, and Belle depart, and streets are reopened
8:00 p.m.- Santa Line closes and Santa and Mrs. Claus return to the North Pole
Reindeer Relay Information:
- This 5K run/walk is for teams of one to eight (enough for a full team of reindeer to pull Santa’s sleigh says the organizer).
- Prizes will be given for individual male, individual female, and team first place finishes, and a team or individual prize will be given for best costume. Cost is $20 per racer.
- The money that's raised will benefit the Angels Cancer Care Program which supports Wyoming cancer patients with non-medical needs while undergoing treatment.
- After the race, enjoy hot chocolate or a "Schnocolate" in a complimentary foundation mug.
- Registration is available at www.eventbrite.com.