Natrona County Master Gardeners Host Spring Conference
"Back To The Earth" is the theme for the Natrona County Master Gardeners 2018 Spring Gardening Conference on Saturday, April 21st in Casper. The conference will feature an array of speakers who will "get you digging in the dirt and turning your suburban backyard into a rain harvesting, bee buzzing, food producing mini homestead", according to the Master Gardener website.
Here are some of the topics:
- Backyard Composting & Raising Chickens
- Growing Vegetables in the Wild West
- Activate your Landscape with Rainharvesting
- Small Fruit Planting, Care, and Production in the Western High Plains
- Buzz, Buzz, Buzz! Landscaping for Pollinators...it's the Bees Knees!
You don't have to be a Master Gardner to attend. "This conference is put on by the Master Gardeners as a community service for all of the gardeners in the area, in the region, " says Donna Hoffman with UW Extension. "We have gardeners that come from other pats of the state, a few from out of state, that come to our conference every year."
Natrona County Master Gardeners Spring Gardeners Conference:
- April 21st, 2018, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Agricultural Resource and Learning Center.
- Theme is "Back to the Earth".
- General registration $60.00
- Includes continental breakfast and catered lunch
For ticket and registration information, please contact the Natrona County Master Gardeners at (307) 235-9400.