A Casper man was arrested Friday after telling police that he went to the Alibi Bar to "beat up crackheads."

Ryan Joseph Edwards was booked into jail on a recommended charge of interference.

According to an affidavit of probable cause, police were called to the bar at 7:37 Friday evening regarding a fight that happened outside the establishment.

The first officer to arrive saw a man matching Edwards's description walking away from the bar with blood covering his face. Edwards gave the middle finger and yelled an expletive as the officer drove by.

Edwards refused to stop for the officer and continued yelling vulgarities, the affidavit alleges. As an officer closed the distance between the two, Edwards abruptly turned around and got in the officer's face. They went to the ground before other officers arrived to assist and handcuff Edwards.

Officers transported Edwards to the Wyoming Medical Center emergency room where he stayed in handcuffs for the safety of medical staff and patients. He remained belligerent at the ER and asked police to take his handcuffs off in order to fight, according to court documents.

When Edwards calmed down, according to the affidavit, he told police he was experiencing a rough patch in his life as his business was failing and he was in debt.

Edwards told police he had his friends drop him off at the Alibi so that he could "beat up some crackheads," charging documents say. Edwards felt that officers should be more supportive of him for trying to "beat up crackheads," and that he had done nothing wrong.

According to the affidavit, Edwards was playing pool against three or four other men and winning when he called them crackheads. They didn't like that, and when Edwards left the bar, they followed him out, beating him up in the street and stomping his head, the affidavit states.

A police officer returned to the bar but had little luck finding any witnesses or getting a statement regarding the scuffle, the affidavit states.

According to the affidavit, a bartender told police that Edwards was harassing customers and reaching over the bar to grab drinks. Eventually, he made his way over to the pool table where he initiated the confrontation before being asked to leave.

A witness offered to give police video of the incident, but it was of poor quality and only showed Edwards being beaten by a few men toward the end of the fight, according to the affidavit.

More From 107.9 Jack FM