Christmas Celebration In Downtown Casper, Changes In Parade Route
Downtown Casper will be the scene of a full day of Holiday happenings on November 24th, from shopping and ice-skating to the annual Christmas Parade, and Casper Police say there are a few changes that will make for a safer family-friendly celebration.
The festivities start with a "Small Business Saturday" walking mall to encourage folks to get out and support the small, locally-owned businesses in the community. The family-oriented Christmas Celebration will include the grand opening of the David Street Station Ice Skating rink, the lighting of the Community Christmas Tree, and the evening Christmas Parade.
The Casper Police Department says it has been working closely with Downtown Casper Business Association, David Street Station, and Proud To Host The Best committee, and part of that collaboration has resulted in a new Christmas Parade route that will start at David Street Station and end at 2nd and Beech.
Arrangements have been made with businesses on the outlying edges of the downtown area to use their parking lots throughout the day, and CATC and The Bus will be operating a special downtown bus route for easier use in the downtown area.
Police are encouraging folks to use those parking areas, as parking along 2nd street and West Yellowstone between Poplar and Beech will be closed starting at 2:00 p.m. that day in an effort to increase safety for kids and other pedestrians.
Here's a timetable of events, as provided by Casper Police:
- 10:00 a.m. – Most businesses are opened, “Christmas Walking Mall” begins. “The Bus” begins operating special downtown bus route.
- 12:00 p.m. – Grand Opening of David Street Station ice skating rink.
- 2:00 p.m. – Parade Route parking closes. All violators will be towed.
- 3:30 p.m. – Parade Route closes, pedestrian and “The Bus” traffic only on 2nd street.
- 5:00 p.m. – Christmas tree lighting at David Street Station.
- 5:15 p.m. – Christmas Parade begins, “The Bus” operations are suspended.
- 7:00 p.m. – Christmas Parade ends, “The Bus” operations begin again.
- 8:00 p.m. – “The Bus” stops running.