WATCH: Comedians Take Cracks at Rising Gas Prices
Want to cry when you go to the pump? So does everybody else.
We need a little release now and then and one of the best places to go for that is a comedy club or Youtube.
Either way, you'll find comedians talking about gas prices.
Just keep in mind that many of these comedians were talking about gas prices many years ago. Only a few of the comics that I have in these videos are talking about today's problems.
In a few of these videos, you'll have to wait for the comic to set up what he is going to talk about.
But in each case, once they get talking they are suddenly on a roll and the audience is in stitches.
Laughing like this does not solve our problems. But it helps us to make it through the hard times.
I have to admire the comic John Crist, in the video below, as he makes fun of local TV stations and the way they cover gas prices.
One comic really got me laughing when he is confronted by someone who wants to steal his car.
He lets the guy have the car, but siphons out the gas.
"The gas is paid for, the car ain't," he tells the thief.
He's really good once he gets on a rant about how he chooses to spend his money when it comes to gas or food.
Chris Rock tells us a few things about how we will handle high gas prices that we don't want to hear, but are probably true. WARNING - HIS JOKES ARE A RAW AND DIRTY.
This is what happens when people get desperate for that liquid fuel that allows us to get where we need to go without any effort.
DO NOT tell a modern-day person that they can just walk up the street. ARE YOU KIDDING?
Nobody is happy about gas prices at the moment.
In fact, high gas prices are actually causing real pain across America and it's about to get worse.
But one thing that does help us get through hard times is to laugh about it.
Go on give it a try.
HERE ARE THE BEST HIGH GAS PRICES JOKES I COULD FIND.
- Wherever you're going this summer, it might be cheaper to mail your car.
- The price of a barrel of oil has fallen. Experts predict it will continue to fall until exactly one minute after the polls close on election day.
- "The Federal Trade Commission has ruled that oil companies are not gouging customers. They say, technically, they're screwing customers." — David Letterman
- Gas prices are so high it's actually cheaper to buy cocaine and run everywhere.
- "California now has the most expensive gas prices. Gas is so expensive now that drivers are shooting themselves instead of each other. It's affecting a lot of people. You just wait for the Indy 200 at the end of the month." — Jay Leno
- Gas prices are so high the rats are carpooling in from New Jersey.
- "There was a sign at the station nearby my house that said, 'We take Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card, and American Express.' After I filled up they took my Visa, Master Card, my Discover Card, and my American Express." — Jay Leno
- "They said on the news tonight that if gas prices get any higher, we could see something totally unprecedented here in California. People actually walking." — Jay Leno
- Gas prices are so high they have a slot so you can insert your 401K.
- Great news! MY LOAN WAS APPROVED! I can buy some gas.
- Gas prices are so high we are 2 weeks away from a Mad Max movie.
- The Amish are laughing at us.
- "As you know, the government takes 40 percent of what you make. The other 60 percent, of course, taken by the gas stations." — Jay Leno
- It's almost cheaper to buy a new car than to fill it with gas.
- Gas prices are so high what's in the convivence store is actually cheaper than what's at the pump outside.