Blame it on Italy.

The alleged victim in the sexual assault trial of Casper businessman Tony Cercy took the stand for more than five hours Tuesday and Wednesday morning during the six-day trial in Natrona County District Court.

District Attorney Mike Blonigen questioned her and Cercy's lead defense attorney Pamela Mackey cross-examined her about an encounter at a local bar demonstrating Cercy had known her before the alleged assault at his house at Alcova Lake on the night of June 24-25.

Cercy is charged with one count of first-degree sexual assault (rape), one count of second-degree and one count of third degree sexual assault on then 20-year-old woman. If convicted on all counts, he faces between seven and 85 years of imprisonment.

Tuesday, she told Blonigen she was at the Keg & Cork in east Casper several weeks before the alleged assault.

That night, she said Cercy approached her and told her "'hey hottie,'" complimented her appearance, and put his arm around her. "I don't think he every called me by my name."

Wednesday morning, Cercy's lead defense attorney Pamela Mackey cross-examined her about the Keg & Cork incident.

Mackey, citing unidentified documentation, told her that incident happened on Jan. 28, 2017, or four months earlier than what she told Blonigen.

The alleged victim was with her boyfriend at the time, Mackey said. Cercy was with another man who put his hand on her lower back, which in turn enraged the boyfriend who got into an argument-turned-shoving-match that ended when a bouncer ejected her and her boyfriend, Mackey said.

Mackey questioned her about other matters, then returned to the Keg & Cork incident.

She again insisted it happened at a birthday party on Jan. 28, which the alleged victim denied.

The two exchanged accusations and denials.

The alleged victim then said, "I was in Italy in January."

Mackey responded with, "No further questions."

Blonigen followed with a couple of questions, and the alleged victim said she moved to Florence, Italy, on Jan. 1, 2017, to study for four-and-a-half months.

The trial resumes at 9:30 a.m. Thursday.

More From 107.9 Jack FM